ProDet is a clinical detergent specially formulated to meet the requirements of AS/NZS 4187 & AS/NZS 4815 for optimal Infection Control. Prodet is a powerful cleaner – perfect for medical and dental instruments and also for effective cleaning of all clinical environments (equipment, furniture, floors etc)
Please note the pump is not included and is required to be purchased seperately
- Excellent wetting (detergency) across a broad temperature range.
- Very low foaming under dynamic conditions even at ambient temperature.
- Corrosion inhibitor incorporated into the formulation.
- Mild alkaline formulation.
- Improved performance in hard water.
- No irritating or hazardous ingredients.
- Excellent in systems operating under dynamic conditions where continuous, rapid surface-interface formation requires quick migration of surfactant to effect good wetting.
- Highly efficient cleaner for the removal of organic substances especially blood, proteins, fats & lipids.
- Powerful as a cleaner yet gentle to high quality instruments & equipment.
- Mild alkaline formulation greatly improves the solubilisation of proteins & fats compared with neutral detergents.
- Overcomes hard water problems in rural areas.
- Safe and effective with “mist” free applicator.
- Safe to store & transport.
- Economical – ProDet is a concentrate. Add only 4mls to water to create a 1L cleaning solution.
Why is ProDet so efficient?
ProDet has a unique formula that includes quality surfactants (surface acting agents) that will Solubilise the bio-burden (penetrate and dissolve into water) and then ProDet will negatively charge the bio-burden (the gunk) on the hard surface on which it resides (e.g. instruments, serrations on forceps, or equipment). Every surface the instrument surface, the Ultrasonic Cleaner, the sink and the bioburden (gunk) itself will repel each other. This prevents re-deposition of the Bioburden onto the surfaces. Then just rinse clean and dry with an absorbent lint free towel. (see Aquasorb)
The Perfect Detergent for Manual & Ultrasonic Cleaning:
Cleaning is a vital step for preventing cross infection and particularly when reusing surgical instruments & equipment.
The sterilising process is not effective if residual soil or bio film remain on the surface. The outer coating of the biofilm may simply harden & the underlying organic material will be untouched, leaving a potential source of cross infection. Some proteins are hydrophobic others are hydrophilic. Refer “Learning Centre”
A powerful cleaning agent is necessary to effectively remove soil & organic matter. The cleaning agent will solubilise & emulsify the soil. This is induced by the action of the surfactants. The effectiveness of the cleaning agent is greatly assisted by mechanical action, such as manual brushing, ultrasonic cleaners or mechanical washers.
Ideal for Surface Cleaning:
ProDet when used as per the dilution rate nominated on the 500 ml Office Dispenser is a dynamic surface cleaner for the clinical environment.
Just apply ProDet to the surface then wipe clean and dry with a low lint, single use cloth.
If a surface is clean and dry, then the risk of cross infection is reduced considerably